Special Order Only
Safer than glass carboys, easier to keep clean than plastic carboys, and easier to transfer than either. These fermenters are made out of HDPE and are extremely durable. This line of larger Rectangular Fermenters are available in sizes ranging from 60 to 500 l (15.9 – 132 Gal!).
- Heavy duty HDPE construction is durable and resists oxygen transfer.
- Built-in handles make movement much easier.
- Large lid openings makes them easy to clean by hand and assists with additions during storage.
- All ports seal with gaskets and the vessel can be fully sealed for long-term storage.
- Includes a spigot and airlock.
Approximate Dimensions: 26" L x 18" W x 26" H (w/o Airlock)
Note - The maximum temperature that these plastic fermenters can handle is 140F.
- Can filled containers be carried by the handles?
- Depending on the weight—barrels up to 30L are no problem—60L is the limit and should not be carried when completely full. The handles have a weight capacity of 30kg (66 lbs).
- Is there an upper limit on the alcohol content of the stored liquid?
- In principle, there is not. However, it should be noted that the higher the alcohol content, the faster the seals and, to a lesser extent, the tank itself will wear out.
- Up to what temperature can the containers be used?
- For short periods of time the containers can withstand temperatures of up to 80°C (176°F). This temperature should not be exceeded. For longer periods of time the containers can be used at temperatures up to 60°C (140°F).